Do you like our projects and want to be the part of our team?
Efficiently operate 3 axis CNC Lathe and other CNC equipment within the department to produce parts and special orders by performing the following duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Must program and operate a 5-Axis CNC machine (and any other specific machines). Overall knowledge of all CNC machines within the department is expected within a reasonable time frame.
- Ability to program a (Your Equipment controller) is a plus. Knowledge of applicable programming software used in the shop is desired within a reasonable time frame.
- Assist in trouble shooting of CNC machines
- Create NC code to produce standard parts, special orders, on a CNC machine.
- Operate machine, performing programmed parts.
- Generate CAD Drawings using NX 3D Cad Software
- Maintain documentation necessary to reproduce programs.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, yearly machine maintenance.
- Responsible for accurate sheet inventory levels and reporting of any inventory differences.
- Perform monthly cycle counts when needed.
- Optimize manufacturing capacity time.
- Optimize yield for all programs.
- Reprogram periodic designs to optimize inventory, surplus inventory, sheet size changes, etc.
- Analyze, and schedule work center job orders to allow for intermittent programming, with respect to due dates.
- Maintain a positive work attitude and promote a "TEAM" approach.
- Keep Area Leader/Department Manager informed of job related problems and other information related to work activity.
- Attendance and dependability are essential job functions, you must report to work on time and accurately complete the daily duties assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1 year experience in related fields including: computer drafting, "G" and "M" code writing, and technical drawing.
- Seven years machine operation experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Knowledge of mathematics as it pertains to machining.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, trigonometry and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The metal fab shop is not air conditioned subjecting the operators to ambient temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Send us a message today
Join us and work in hundreds of projects
for the biggest companies in the world